IESSA supports the practical implementation of internationally recognised lighting practices for the direct and indirect enjoyment and benefit of the general public.
The lighting industry of South Africa was previously represented by three organisations, namely:
(South African National Committee on Illumination) which represented South Africa internationally and served on international committees on various topics.
(Institute for Lighting Engineers of South Africa), which focused on education for the lighting industry.
(South African Lighting Association), which represented the lighting manufacturing industry on technical committees of organizations such as SABS and SEIFSA.
During the year 2002, a committee consisting of representatives of each the three organisations was established to investigate the feasibility of uniting the three organisations . The concept was enthusiastically received by the lighting industry and the committee recommended that a unified lighting body be established. As a result, IESSA (Illumination Engineering Society of South Africa) was established in January 2004.
- To provide a unique forum for the interchange of information and contracts between those concerned with the different aspects of illumination.
- To stimulate and coordinate technical activities in the field of illumination.
- To provide opportunities for members to improve their knowledge in order to practice their profession with knowledge and confidence.
- To maintain and enforce the strict code of conduct of IESSA to ensure members conduct business in a fair and professional manner.
- To represent members on international organizations to ensure that knowledge on the latest trends and developments is transferred to members.
- To apply available resources efficiently to render a meaningful and reliable service to members and to the lighting industry.
- To cooperate with other national organizations, both public and private, to ensure fair governing and to accomplish these goals.
Click here to view the IESSA Constitution
Council and Committee
|Past President||Natashaemail@example.com||082 807 7310|
|President||Alexfirstname.lastname@example.org||082 994 0674|
|Vice President||Danielemail@example.com||082 680 5127|
|Finance||Donnafirstname.lastname@example.org||082 789 4986|
|Development||Lieslemail@example.com||084 589 0168|
|Technology||Chetanfirstname.lastname@example.org||064 757 3372|
|CIE||Irmaemail@example.com||081 299 0445|
|Membership||Bjornfirstname.lastname@example.org||083 346 7216|
|PR||Sekwaneleemail@example.com||073 375 7154|
|Gauteng||Henkfirstname.lastname@example.org||074 080 9997|
|Kwa Zulu Natal||Dereckemail@example.com||083 311 0536|
|Western Cape||Chrisfirstname.lastname@example.org||079 076 8826|
|General enquiries||Lynnemail@example.com||082 727 8666|
|Account enquiries||Jaynefirstname.lastname@example.org||082 788 4724|
|Event enquiries||Traceyemail@example.com||082 727 8666|